Consultant (W-2, Remote), Recruitment Outsourcing
The Consultant will manage the recruitment outsourcing engagements for clients. They will play a critical role as the link between client and candidate to ensure the best mutual fit, using successful and unique recruitment search methodologies and strategies to serve as a trusted advisor.
The Consultant conducts sourcing, detailed interviews with candidates, evaluates qualifications and alignment with the client organizations' needs, prepares oral and written informative assessments, presentations, and recommendations, and manages clients' and candidates' expectations to ensure successful experiences on every search process within agreed timelines.
This position reports to the Team Leader of Recruitment Outsourcing to ensure recruitment outsourcing engagements and business objectives and initiatives are executed effectively and exceed client expectations. This individual is also a key contributor to ensuring an accurate, responsive, high-quality client service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages high-volume recruitment outsourcing engagements. Screens, interviews, and recommends placements, and achieves and maintains a pipeline of highly qualified talent for client positions.
- Works collaboratively with the firm's HR Outsourcing team to manage recruitment projects and engagements.
- Ensures name-gathering/sourcing phase is executed in a timely & efficient manner to expand and develop candidate pools for each engagement. Briefs candidates on the opportunities offered by the client
- Recommends recruiting methodology, takes accurate position notes, writes and prepares candidate profiles, related reports, and assessments for presentation to clients, and provides appropriate briefings to maintain the integrity of recruitment processes.
- Manages interview process including de-briefing clients and candidates with relevant information and updating both parties on developments to build trusting and long-lasting relationships throughout and after a search closes.
- Negotiates/closes offer process and effectively manages offer/acceptance/start timelines ensuring that all deliverables are managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Works in partnership with the Team Leader to respond to requests for proposals.
- Remains current with nonprofit sector news, trends, and developments to better understand clients and candidates.
- Cultivates new and maintains existing business relationships with appropriate contacts within nonprofit organizations to translate business relationships into profitable business opportunities..
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIRED
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years as a recruitment professional, that includes talent acquisition and search strategies, candidate and client management experience and volume recruiting expertise working with other search firms with a nonprofit practice or organizations with a focus and proven connections within major subsectors of the social impact community including arts and culture, associations, education, health, and human services, environment and faith-based organizations.
- Proven experience managing multiple recruitment requisitions and engagements and execution using selection methodology.
- Attainment of one or more certifications CSP/CSC/PHR/SPHR is highly preferred.
- Experience recruiting top talent within the nonprofit sector for a wide range of verticals or general industry experience and knowledge about recruiting for nonprofits and/or large trade associations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with potential customers is critical.
- Ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients.
- Ability to manage both candidate and client expectations and experience where high-touch customer service is imperative
- Adept at collaborating with diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Outstanding follow-up, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate orally, write and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, and C-Suite leaders and hiring teams.
- Ability to influence, convince and persuade effectively
- A high level of self-motivation
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to be self-motivated to learn, grow, and succeed as well as the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and a competitive spirit to outperform competitors and identify new business opportunities.
- Desire to actively contribute to the firm's growth and its Recruitment Outsourcing business.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office applications and experience with CRM software and/or applicant tracking systems. Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, see and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Local and/or national travel periodically required and may require some longer weekday/weekend commitments to accomplish related business projects or meet deliverables.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.