Senior Human Resources Manager (Everybody Votes Campaign)
ABOUT EVERYBODY VOTES CAMPAIGN
Everybody Votes Campaign (EVC) is a national non-partisan, not-for-profit hiring staff for a large-scale coordinated civic engagement campaign active through the 2024 election cycle. The campaign aims to create a more representative democracy by registering millions of underrepresented voters across the country. This effort focuses on voter registration in a targeted fashion by conducting at-scale, effective, efficient, metrics-driven registration work. Through this work, we seek to fundamentally change the make-up of the electorate and to increase the political power of traditionally underrepresented communities in our democracy.
We directly fund organizations who execute voter registration and run quality control operations. We are dedicated to being active participants with the organizations to ensure their programs are effective and promote an investment in the future of emerging communities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The organization seeks to hire an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for managing employee relations, benefits administration, compensation analysis, recruitment and talent management. This position will set objectives for the organization and track the progress. The position requires the utmost professionalism when dealing with staff and human resources vendors. We will be seeking a candidate who will operate with discretion and work within deadlines to improve existing human resources processes for the organization and manage recruitment with the ultimate goal is to ensure that a company attracts and hires qualified candidates. This position will work as part of the Finance and Operations team reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
This position will enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. This includes:
- Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by scheduling management conversations and trainings with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counseling employees and supervisors
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews; conduct training on goal-setting and performance feedback; and manage annual performance reviews.
Compliance & Benefits Administration
Recruitment and Talent Management
- Growth mindset: demonstrated ability to take and receive feedback with professionalism and grace from peers and staff as well as supervisors.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals with a proven track record of creating and executing/managing comprehensive strategic goals.
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders across multiple lines of identity difference.
- Keeps Calm in Stressful Situations: demonstrated capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence: Able to reflect on and describe the impact of one’s own identities—and those of others—in a given situation, decision, or process. Demonstrates awareness of growing edges. Able to hear, reflect, act on, and learn from feedback regarding identity and equity.
- Manages a high volume of work with efficiency: Has, or can create, a system for keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality. Plans backwards to make deadlines. Asks for help when needed. Strong command over various Applicant Tracking Systems and other management human resource information systems (HRIS) such as SmartRecruiters, Bamboo HR, Google Suite;
Helpful but not required:
- HR Certification preferred.
- Experience with Kelly Total Benefits Solution (KTBS)
- Experience working in the fields of voter registration or voting rights.
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
We offer flexible remote forward work, and a generous benefits package; including 100% cost coverage of employee health benefits, 401K with an automatic employer contribution regardless of employee contribution level, virtual therapy, stipend for ergonomic office set ups and generous vacation and leave policies.
All employees must be eligible to work lawfully within the United States upon the commencement of employment. The organization does not sponsor visa applications for prospective or current staff.
Our work is centered on creating a deeply inclusive and significantly more representative electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of staff, partners and stakeholders. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Indigenous, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ+ communities to apply. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $95,000 - $105,000 annually
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.