Executive Leadership Team (Democracy North Carolina)
- Morrisville, NC
- Full Time
- Senior Executive
Applicants are invited to articulate how they will -- individually or as a pair:
- Fulfill the responsibilities outlined below, and
- Bring the needed qualifications/capabilities.
- Strategic leadership, administration, and management of DemNC.
- Build an effective, cohesive staff team and culture with open and intentional dialogue.
- Work collaboratively with the board to lead the continued growth of DemNC.
- Foster relationships between the board, coalition partners, all other organization stakeholders, and local affiliates.
- Be skilled and active spokespersons for DemNC – with the media, policy makers, partners and supporters.
- Facilitate and support public advocacy and mobilization efforts across North Carolina.
- Oversee DemNC’s operating and capital budgets while maintaining fiscal control over expenditures.
- Provide leadership and take an active role in identifying potential and long-term sources of support for operations and capital development.
- Grassroots community organizing experience and an understanding of how to build power in both urban and rural areas.
- Professional and personal style consistent with the supportive, collaborative team-oriented culture of DemNC.
- An understanding of the democracy space as well as the organizational landscape and culture of the South - particularly North Carolina’s issues, nonprofits, and political system.
- A track record of visionary leadership with at least seven years of senior nonprofit management experience - including administration, staff supervision, strategic planning, evaluation, budgeting, and organizational development and innovation.
- Exceptional leadership presence, experience serving as a spokesperson for an organization, and a demonstrated ability to leverage organizational visibility and credibility through the media and other public relations sources.
- A record of successful and innovative fundraising with proven experience with individual donors and major gifts.
- Experience creating and maintaining an effective organizational culture that attracts, motivates, and retains a diverse, talented staff.
- Demonstration of cross-cultural competence, while prioritizing the implementation of equitable and inclusive practices.
- Strong financial skills - including budgeting, fiscal management, and analysis.
- Experience with coalition building and the ability to create and sustain organizational partnerships.
- Experience employing an inclusive leadership style that builds community and fosters creativity among the staff.
- High level of emotional intelligence – i.e., accurately perceive and express yourself, personal humility, develop and maintain social relationships, cope and adapt to challenges, and use emotions in an effective way.
The successful candidates will possess, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree with an advanced degree highly preferred, in one of the following disciplines: Business Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, or related field and a minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience of which at least seven years should include significant leadership and management experience. This team must have experience in and understanding of grassroots community organizing, in one or both of its members. The positions require a proven track record of success fundraising from a variety of sources, including but not limited to financial institutions, major gifts, individual gifts, grants, and revenue-generating activities, including demonstrated success in building relationships among and working effectively with diverse groups. It is essential that s/he/they possess excellent written and oral communication skills (bi-lingual is a plus), with considerable experience in writing and presenting information, particularly financial information to a variety of audiences. The ideal candidates will possess demonstrable experience using data systems to improve program performance and outcomes with the analytical skills needed to review information regarding regulations and guidelines. The position also requires demonstrated entrepreneurial ability to develop alliances and coordinate shared interests of all parties, with excellent communications and problem-solving skills designed to meet the challenges of the organization. A track record of successful change management, process improvement, and organizational performance improvement is essential for success in these roles, along with demonstrated experience in organizational development and strategic planning.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.