The Senior Consultant, Outsourcing provides subject matter expert advice, insight and strategic direction to one or more HR disciplines within a client environment. Guides consulting team members to oversee engagements, manage projects to completion and deliver human capital solutions and services to clients and stakeholders, across one or more subject matter areas. The Senior Consultant partners with Team Leaders regarding strategic human resources thought partnership and operational support as the primary point of contact or member of a larger team to the firm’s outsourcing clients both onsite and in a remote environment. May lead a client engagement team comprised of HR consultants and HR Associates, providing strategic and tactical support to multiple clients, while serving as a strategic thought partner and leader for more complex projects. May also have a portfolio of assigned clients requiring direct interaction and portfolio support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the consulting process of an outsourcing team and/or strategic direction of an outsourcing engagement in one or more HR disciplines. Provide subject matter expertise and/or thought partnership to Team Leaders, consulting teams and externally to clients.
- Partner with other firm subject matter experts to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects to align objective and strategy.
- Establish trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients.
- In collaboration with team, act as a strategic advisor to client executives, helping to identify the nature of specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions
- Provide strategic thought leadership to clients and partner with consulting team to identify and resolve client challenges and thought partner with client engagement team on engagement escalations to ensure the highest levels of client service delivery and satisfaction; become personally involved where necessary to mitigate risk and provide technical expertise.
- May oversee one or more staff on a client engagement.
- Actively participate in hiring panels and new hire orientation programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values and expectations.
- Provide frequent, ongoing feedback to Team Leaders for consultants assigned to project teams.
- Coach and mentor to help grow consulting practice capabilities and effectiveness to achieve challenging firm and client goals.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities in area of subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experienced talent management practitioner with ten plus years of experience with demonstrated functional/strategic expertise
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP or equivalent/related certification preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management
- Proven expertise partnering with executive leaders to position HR as a strategic thought leader
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, Boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing, and executing HR departmental change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Demonstrated innovation and ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Adept at collaborating with and leading diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.