Consultant, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
HIRING RANGE: $75,000-$95,000
The Consultant, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) provides subject matter expert advice, insight and strategic direction to the firm’s clients. The Consultant oversees or contributes to client engagements, manages projects to completion and designs and facilitates DEI training solutions and assessment services to clients and stakeholders, across one or more subject matter areas. The Consultant partners with the Managing Director and Senior Consultants on the DEI team regarding strategic DEI thought partnership, business development and operational support. May lead client engagement teams comprised of DEI Associates or follow the lead of a Senior Consultant. This is a remote position with local and/or national travel on occasion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with clients to lead and execute DEI projects and provide subject matter expertise and thought partnership, helping to identify the nature of specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions.
- Partner with other firm subject matter experts to coordinate multi-disciplinary client engagements to align objective and strategy.
- Establish trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients.
- May oversee one or more staff on a client engagement.
- Actively participate in hiring panels and new hire orientation programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values and expectations.
- Provide frequent, ongoing feedback to Managing Directors for Associate Consultants assigned to project teams.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Partnership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order to identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Supports work of other consultants by sharing functional expertise.
- Contribute to DEI practice area content development and attend and/or develop content and facilitate public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies (including but not limited to, client roundtables, firm-sponsored events and webinars).
- Keep abreast of DEI best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree with five plus years of experience as a talent management practitioner with demonstrated expertise and experience in principles and practices of DEI and systems thinking
- Demonstrated track record of success in partnering across organizational functions and teams to develop and manage DEI strategies and programs that support engagement and advancement of organizational goals
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, contributing to projects, working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple and changing priorities simultaneously
- Proven expertise partnering with leaders to provide strategic guidance and advisory support in areas of HR and DEI
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing DEI organizational change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Demonstrated in-person and virtual facilitation and learning design skills preferably in the area of DEI
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with existing and potential customers/clients (internal and external), with the ability to effectively influence and persuade others
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others and contribute to team efforts
- Demonstrated ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients
- Outstanding follow-up, project management, and organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications
- Ability to travel occasionally
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Accommodations can be made available as needed to support the fulfillment of these specifications.
Ongoing local and/or national travel is periodically required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.