Senior DEI Consultant
HIRING RANGE: $110,000-$140,000
The Senior Consultant, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) provides subject matter expert advice, insight and strategic direction to the firm’s clients. The Senior Consultant oversees complex client engagements, manages projects to completion and designs and facilitates DEI training solutions and assessment services to clients and stakeholders, across one or more subject matter areas. The Senior Consultant partners with the Managing Director regarding strategic DEI thought partnership, business development and operational support. May lead client engagement teams comprised of DEI consultants and DEI Associates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with team, act as subject matter expert to client executives, helping to identify the nature of specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to clients and partner with consulting team to identify and resolve client challenges and thought partner with client engagement team on engagement escalations to ensure the highest levels of client service delivery and satisfaction; become personally involved where necessary to mitigate risk and provide technical expertise.
- Oversee the consulting process of a team and/or strategic direction of a project in one or more DEI disciplines. Provide subject matter expertise to Managing Directors, Consulting Teams and externally to clients.
- Partner with other firm subject matter experts to coordinate multi-disciplinary client engagements to align objective and strategy.
- Establish trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients.
- May oversee one or more staff on a client engagement.
- Actively participate in hiring panels and new hire orientation programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values and expectations.
- Provide frequent, ongoing feedback to Managing Directors for consultants assigned to project teams.
- Coach and mentor to help grow consulting practice capabilities and effectiveness to achieve challenging firm and client goals.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order to identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Supports work of other consultants by sharing functional expertise
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars
- Keep abreast of DEI best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree with ten plus years of experience as a DEI practitioner with demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of DEI and systems thinking, as well as proven people and team management experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in partnering across organizational functions and teams to develop and manage DEI strategies and programs that support engagement and advancement of organizational goals
- Demonstrated in-person and virtual facilitation and learning design skills specifically in the area of DEI
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading large complex projects, working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple and changing priorities simultaneously
- Proven expertise partnering with executive leaders to position DEI as both a business partner and thought leader
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing DEI organizational change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Strong skills in data gathering, data analysis, and interpretation of results
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including senior leadership, staff, Boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Adept at collaborating with and leading diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Proven, disciplined project management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Accommodations can be made available as needed to support the fulfillment of these specifications.
Ongoing local and/or national travel is periodically required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.