Team Leader, Outsourcing
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
HIRING RANGE: $110,000-$160,000
The Team Leader manages an assigned team of consultants, representing multiple client engagements across the full spectrum of the HR outsourcing practice, overseeing delivery of talent management solutions, services and projects to clients and stakeholders. Team Leaders are given autonomy to determine appropriate delegation of tasks, facilitating communication amongst their team into requested deliverables and leading the strategic direction of assigned engagements.
The Team Leader leads a service delivery team comprised of senior consultants, consultants and associate consultants. This service delivery team provides strategic and operational support to multiple clients. The Team Leader serves as a strategic thought partner for more complex engagements, may also have a portfolio of assigned clients requiring direct interaction and partners on portfolio management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the consulting process of assigned team and strategic direction of engagements.
- Ensure effective and efficient client integration for new or transitioning client engagements.
- Establish trusting relationships with key stakeholders at new and existing clients.
- In collaboration with team, act as primary senior advisor to client executives, helping to identify the nature of specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions and transformational outcomes.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to complex outsourced clients and partners to identify and resolve client challenges and celebrate successes.
- Thought partner with client engagement team and Managing Director on engagement escalations to ensure the highest levels of client service delivery and satisfaction; become personally involved where necessary to mitigate risk and provide technical expertise.
- Inspire innovative thinking in team to leverage the firm’s knowledge and resources to exceed client expectations.
- Ensure delivery of highest work quality by conducting quality assurance checks; deliver client work product on budget by thoughtfully managing engagement scope.
- Responsible for connectivity and accountability of their team to the firm and each other; ensure staff engagement and satisfaction.
- Conduct regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with individual team members.
- Identify expanding and contracting people resource and expertise needs within specific client engagements and across other client engagement teams.
- Actively participate in hiring panels and new hire orientation programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values and expectations.
- Assess performance and provide frequent, ongoing coaching and feedback to assigned team to drive client satisfaction and outcomes.
- Coach and mentor to help grow practice capabilities and effectiveness to achieve challenging firm and client goals.
- Develop and train emerging and mid-career professionals within team to enable meaningful job satisfaction, career mobility and professional fulfillment, ensuring alignment with and development of competencies.
- Ensure team meets monthly productivity goals and participate in firm work and outsourcing team goals.
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with service delivery leadership and client engagement to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Actively seek new business opportunities and refer potential opportunities in alignment with firm growth goals.
- In partnership with practice leadership and client engagement team, initiate contract renewal client conversations & quality of service (QOS) process.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership (firm and client)
- Aid in consulting work & functional expertise.
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities which align with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars.
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experienced practitioner with ten plus years of experience with demonstrated functional/ strategic expertise and proven people and team management experience
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP or equivalent/related certification preferred or acquired within first year of employment
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management
- Prior experience leading, managing and performing work in a consulting environment preferred
- Stellar people management skills including coaching, guiding, providing critical feedback and developing teams
- Proven expertise partnering with executive leaders to provide strategic support and position HR as a business partner and thought leader
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing HR departmental change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Demonstrated track record of success in partnering across organizational functions and teams to develop and manage strategies and programs that support engagement and advancement of organizational goals
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading large complex projects, working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with potential customers, and ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, Boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Adept at collaborating with and leading diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated innovation and ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Demonstrated in-person and virtual facilitation and learning design skills
- Strong skills in data gathering, data analysis, and interpretation of results
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.