Team Lead, Retained Search
TITLE: Team Leader and Senior Consultant, Retained Search
CLASSIFICATION: Regular full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Search
The Team Leader and Senior Consultant, Search will conduct and serve as a trusted advisor on retained executive, professional and interim search engagements. The Team Leader manages a team of consultants and Senior Consultants, focused on executive and professional search engagements that serve multiple clients across the country. The Team Leader leads the strategic direction of assigned engagements that includes search methodology, strategy and processes that deliver results and value to social impact organizations.
The Team Leader will oversee engagements and serve as a collaborative and consultative partner to ensure search practices and the candidate and client experience is high-touch and delivers services that align with the firm’s brand identity. The position has autonomy to determine appropriate delegation of tasks and assignments and facilitates communication amongst their team into requested Search deliverables.
This role is responsible for the successful closure of search engagements, deploys and uses methodologies and approaches, and serves as a strategic thought partner on complex Search engagements to ensure that consultants maintain a healthy and realistic portfolio.
The Team Leader will manage an ongoing Search portfolio and conducts detailed interviews with professional, senior and executive level candidates and evaluates qualifications and fit with the client organizations’ needs; prepares oral and written informative assessments, presentations and recommendations; and manages the expectations of both clients and candidates to ensure successful experiences on every engagement within agreed upon timelines.
This position reports to and works collaboratively with the Managing Director, Search, on strategy and business development initiatives; manages execution of research and helps manage the Search budget and any related metrics and data.
This individual is also a key contributor to ensuring an accurate, responsive, high-quality, client service environment. They participate in developing executive and professional search goals and objectives in cooperation with the Managing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Search process of assigned consultants and strategic direction of Search engagements.
- Ensure effective and efficient client integration for new or transitioning client engagements.
- Establish trusting relationships with key stakeholders at new and existing clients.
- In collaboration with team, act as primary senior advisor to client executives, helping to identify the nature of specific recruiting issues or needs they are facing and recommends client-centered solutions.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to complex Search clients and partners with other teams on related recruiting needs to identify and resolve client challenges and celebrate successes.
- Thought partner with client engagement team on engagement escalations to ensure the highest levels of client service delivery and satisfaction; becomes personally involved where necessary to mitigate risk and provide technical expertise.
- Inspire innovative thinking in team to leverage the firm’s knowledge and resources to exceed client expectations.
- Ensure delivery of Search engagements and conducts quality assurance checks where appropriate by thoughtfully managing scope of Search engagements.
- Manage and leads retained Search engagements and recruit, interview, place, and achieve highly qualified talent for positions and serve as a point of contact for the firm’s Search clients and consultants.
- Ensure name-gathering/sourcing phase is executed in a timely & efficient manner to expand and develop candidate pools for each engagement and presents the client with detailed reporting to support these efforts.
- Recommend recruiting methodology, take accurate position notes, write and prepare candidate profiles, related reports and assessments for presentation to clients and provides appropriate briefings to maintain the integrity of Search processes and search engagements.
- Manage interview process, including debriefing clients and candidates with relevant information and updating both parties on developments.
- Negotiate/close offer process and effectively manage offer/acceptance/start timelines ensuring that all deliverables are handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively participate in the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with for-profit entities whose businesses complement those of the firm with the intent of translating relationships into profitable search business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the firm’s client services team and other leaders to ensure staff engagement and satisfaction.
- Conduct regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with individual team members and team meetings.
- Identify expanding and contracting people resources and expertise needs within specific Search engagements.
- Actively participate in the firm’s hiring programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values and expectations.
- Assess performance and provide frequent, ongoing coaching and feedback to the team to drive client satisfaction and outcomes.
- Coach and mentor to help grow Search service line capabilities and effectiveness to achieve firm and client goals.
- Develop and train emerging and mid-career professionals within the team to enable meaningful job satisfaction, career mobility and professional fulfillment.
- Ensure team meets monthly Search targets and maintains healthy productivity goals and related metrics.
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs to identify opportunities to deepen the search or client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Actively seek new business opportunities and refer potential opportunities in alignment with firm growth goals.
- Participate in Business Development Discovery and Scoping session as requested by the Managing Director.
- In partnership with Managing Director, Search, initiate client contracts/agreements and conversations and quality of service process and support proposal design and presentation
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership (firm and client)
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities which align with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies, including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars
- Keep abreast of recruitment and search best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of ten (10) years as a search professional that includes executive and professional search experience working with other search firms with a nonprofit practice or focus and proven connections within major subsectors of the nonprofit community, including arts and culture, associations, education, health and human services, environment and faith-based organizations. Proven people and team management experience and no less than 3 years in a people management role.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to be self-motivated to learn, grow, and succeed as well as ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and quickly assimilate information and build solutions to balance business needs, outperforming other search firm competitors.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate orally, write and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences, including management, staff, and Boards of Directors.
- Proven experience managing multiple search engagements and recruiting top talent within the nonprofit sector for a wide range of verticals or general industry experience and knowledge about recruiting for nonprofits and/or large trade associations with access to a strong network of mission-driven talent.
- Attainment of one or more certifications CSP/CSC/PHR/SPHR is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with potential customers, and ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Outstanding follow-up, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated commitment to recruiting and a high level of self-motivation and the ability to influence, convince and persuade effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office applications and experience with CRM software and/or applicant tracking systems. Experience working with Deltek Vantagepoint and JazzHR is a plus.
- Ability to travel to client meetings as needed.
This position is largely sedentary in nature; however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, see and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Local and/or national travel periodically required and may require some longer weekday/weekend commitments to accomplish related business projects or meet deliverables.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.