POSITION SUMMARY The Help Desk Support will respond and follow up on technical help tickets submitted via phone, email, and walk-ups Provide IT support for Windows, Microsoft Office, and a variety of other applications used internally Independently investigate and implement solutions to technical issues Identify recurring technical issues and propose solutions to address the root of the problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers calls related to PC and host applications, hardware capabilities and connectivity problems
- Understands established service level agreements, and effectively works to meet or exceed those standards
- Windows 10, MS Office 365, Mac OS, Remedy Ticketing System, iPhone and Android support, general hardware/software issues
- Track and route incidents and requests to appropriate groups and document resolutions. Identify and call out situations requiring urgent attention
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence management, peers, and customers through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Demonstrates an attitude of cooperation and attention to customer needs and skill level through superior telephone skills.
- Calms frustrated callers and is recognized by customers as helpful. Recognizes the importance of timely and accurate responses and be aware of development schedules and releases that impact the customer.
- Displays a strong empathy for the customer through an attitude of cooperation and the timely attention to the customer's needs. Is recognized by customers as partner.
- Anticipates the impact of changes on the customer and takes action to minimize that impact. Works to ensure that the team meets service level goals as set by management and agreed to by the customer.
- Diagnose and seek technical hardware and software issues
- Inform management of recurring problems and remain current with system information, changes and updates
- Handles contacts with clear, concise business communication appropriate for the audience
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- Associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree strong preferred.
- Certification in A+ preferred
- Experience with MS Windows 7 and Windows 10 (Mac OS a big plus)
- Experience with MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016, and Office 365
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met to successfully complete the essential functions of the job List items such as unusual work schedule, occupational risk, travel required, physical effort, environment and demands that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job.)
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.