Consultant, Strategy & Advisory
HIRING RANGE: $75,000-$95,000
The Consultant, Strategy & Advisory provides research and execution and thought partnership on a variety of client engagements and talent management projects in such areas as workforce planning, HR assessments and audits, organizational culture assessments, employee engagement, change management and performance management. This position also implements learning and development projects by conducting needs assessments, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness. In addition, this role will advise on compliance and best practices related to HR policies and procedures to include, but not limited to, drafting and/or revising Employee Handbooks. The Consultant provides thought partnership to clients and internal team members and represents Nonprofit HR by presenting and writing in areas of subject matter expertise. This is a remote position with local and/or national travel on occasion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with clients to lead execute time-bound projects in one or more HR disciplines from “kick-off” through completion of high-quality project deliverables.
- Implement learning and development projects by conducting needs assessment, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness, consulting with Managing Director or Senior Consultant.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought partnership externally to clients and to internal team members.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients; provide subject matter expertise to clients, helping to identify the nature of
specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Partnership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with Managing Director, Strategy & Advisory practice to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of systems, tools and templates to support Strategy & Advisory projects.
- Contribute to Strategy & Advisory practice area content development and attend and/or develop content and facilitate public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies (including but not limited to, client roundtables, firm-sponsored events and webinars)
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
- Actively participate in Nonprofit HR’s new hire orientation program.
- Coach and provide frequent, ongoing feedback to associate consultants assigned to project teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Talent management practitioner with five plus years of experience with demonstrated functional/ strategic expertise, particularly with workforce planning, organizational development, HR/talent management, audit and culture assessments, learning and development, and performance management
- PHR/SHRM-CP or equivalent/related certification required
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management and organizational development
- Proven expertise partnering with leaders to position HR as a business partner and thought leader
- Experience providing strategic HR guidance and advisory support to leaders at mid and/or large sized nonprofit organizations preferred but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Proven experience developing and facilitating training
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing HR departmental change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Adept at collaborating with diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.