POSITION SUMMARY This person will maintain accounts and financials according to standards and will ensure the availability of accounting information for management, such as P&L statements, general ledgers, and financial transactions. The selected individual will apply accounting techniques and standard practices & accounting procedures to classify, record & report on financial transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine accounting duties, including preparation of journal entries monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Command of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation experience
- Proficiency in Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Billing experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of grant accounting
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Strong attention to detail
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met to successfully complete the essential functions of the job List items such as unusual work schedule, occupational risk, travel required, physical effort, environment and demands that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job.)
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.