Program Manager (Everybody Votes Campaign) Minnesota
ABOUT EVERYBODY VOTES CAMPAIGN
Everybody Votes Campaign (EVC) is a national non-partisan, not-for-profit hiring staff for a large-scale coordinated civic engagement campaign active through the 2024 election cycle. The campaign aims to create a more representative democracy by registering millions of underrepresented voters across the country. This effort focuses on voter registration in a targeted fashion by conducting at-scale, effective, efficient, metrics-driven registration work. Through this work, we seek to fundamentally change the make-up of the electorate and to increase the political power of traditionally underrepresented communities in our democracy.
We directly fund organizations who execute voter registration and run quality control operations. We are dedicated to being active participants with the organizations to ensure their programs are effective and promote an investment in the future of emerging communities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Oversees voter registration programs in one state beginning with the targeting and budget process and including training, field support, and on-the-ground site visits. The ideal candidate will have experience working in communities of color and with stakeholders to design effective programs in these communities. Additionally, the Program Manager will be deeply involved in helping to create top-level voter registration standards, from quality control to targeting to tracking programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
- Build relationships with state and national staff of partner organizations.
- Voter registration programs, as well as other stakeholders in those states.
- Work with state-Work with state-based organizations to build and approve voter registration plans and budgets.
- Plan and implement site visits to partner organizations.
- Develop and run training that produce stronger programs in the state.
- Coordinate with partner organizations on the set-up of quality control and reporting systems.
- Identify problems that occur in the field and develop solutions with the partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Ensure strong internal communications structures between national and state partner organizations to ensure information flows in multiple directions.
- Be willing to travel frequently and as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- Organize and build relationships with leaders and staff in diverse communities.
- Work with organizations that focus on civic engagement and long-term movement.
- Manage multiple projects at once.
- Lead team communications including calls, written instructions, and follow-through.
- Work in politically sensitive environments.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Growth mindset: demonstrated ability to take and receive feedback with professionalism and grace from peers and staff as well as supervisors.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals with a proven track record of creating and executing/managing comprehensive strategic goals.
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders across multiple lines of identity difference.
- Keeps Calm in Stressful Situations: demonstrated capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with stakeholders, including via phone and email.
- Experience building and supporting training in multi-day, multi-issue adult learning settings.
- Knowledge of national and state structures of the progressive infrastructure and coalition partners.
Helpful but not required:
- Ability to speak and write Spanish or other languages.
- Experience working in the fields of voter registration or voting rights.
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
We offer flexible remote forward work, and a generous benefits package; including 100% cost coverage of employee health benefits, 401K with an automatic employer contribution regardless of employee contribution level, virtual therapy, stipend for ergonomic office set ups and generous vacation and leave policies.
Our work is centered on creating a deeply inclusive and significantly more representative electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of staff, partners and stakeholders. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Indigenous, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ+ communities to apply. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.