Program Manager - Contract (Alterra Community Foundation)
ABOUT ALTERRA MOUNTAIN COMPANY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Established in 2020, the Alterra Mountain Company Community Foundation (AMCCF) is a public charity that was created to provide financial support to the members of the communities in which Alterra Mountain Company operates. Former CEO Rusty Gregory and Alterra founders Henry Crown and Company and KSL Capital Partners provided the initial donations of $2.6 million to launch AMCCF. Alongside support from Alterra Mountain Company, public donations are paramount to AMCCF’s success and ongoing impact.
To date, AMCCF has focused on granting emergency relief and hardship assistance to those in need within the communities surrounding Alterra’s North American destinations. Grants have been available to individuals and nonprofit organizations. Moving forward, AMCCF will start implementing its new strategic plan. This plan will expand AMCCF’s scope beyond emergency relief and hardship assistance grants by taking on the Urban Snow Parks program, creating an equitable strategy for supporting local community foundations, and providing mental health support in our mountain communities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The AMCCF is seeking a program manager to support the programs and operations of the organization as we launch our new strategic plan. We plan to focus on four programs moving forward:
1. Emergency relief and hardship assistance grants
2. Urban Snow Parks, a program to build accessible snow sports opportunities for diverse urban communities
3. A system that provides equitable support to local community foundations and their work in housing, childcare, climate and professional services
4. Mental health in mountain communities
The initial phase of this contract will span through July 2024 and should achieve the following:
1. Emergency Relief and Hardship Assistance Grant Management:
- Manage the intake and communication process for individual grant applications
- Track funds disbursements and reporting processes
2. Urban Snow Parks Program Support:
- Support program leadership in developing and maintaining partnerships with sponsors, local nonprofit organizations and community stakeholders
- Develop knowledge of and provide support for operational issues related to each park, included but not limited to local land access requirements and municipal codes
- Main liaison with equipment vendors for each park
3. Local Community Foundation Support:
- Manage the employee voluntary deduction payout process, including any required disbursements to local foundations and individual tax receipts
- Provide assistance in building the infrastructure around AMCCF’s new system of investing in local community foundations, including the alignment of community-based giving with community needs and the establishment of a framework that emphasizes consistency, equity and support
4. Mental Health in Mountain Communities:
- Research and develop a database on current initiatives in mountain communities in this space
- Provide regular support to this program as it develops within the AMCCF
- Passion for the mission of AMCCF
- Proven ability to wear multiple hats; demonstrated skills in organizational development and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Demonstrable experience managing programs of a nonprofit organization
- Experience working for and/or knowledge of nonprofit organization(s) that focus on outdoor spaces, sports, community engagement and/or diversity, equity and inclusion
- An affinity for working with culturally, socially and politically diverse communities; must be equally comfortable with locals and "second home" owners, and with experienced and inexperienced skiers/riders
The budget for this work is $4,000 - $5,000 / month over the term of the contract.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address your alignment with AMCCF's values, and your desire to advance AMCCF's mission and vision in communities where Alterra employees live and work.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.