The Operations Assistant works closely with the Managing Director, Business Operations and Operations Manager to provide administrative and operations support in the areas of accounting, IT, and operations in a client-focused office environment. This position serves as the first point of contact to incoming callers and visitors (clients, employees and potential staffing candidates) on all issues related to the firm’s service offerings. The Assistant collaborates with the Search team to ensure that proactive, responsive, high-quality operations and staffing support is delivered consistently. This position will work remotely and onsite (post pandemic).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job.)
Office Operations Support
- Answers phones promptly and responds courteously with a highly professional demeanor while keeping an outstanding client service orientation in mind.
- With Operations Manager, coordinates all office management needs: maintains and orders office supplies as approved; processes and deliver all mail, serves as liaison to building security and engineer; works with service vendors on repairs and maintenance of office and/or office equipment and serves as a liaison on general inquiries and ensures smooth day to-day operation of the office.
- Assists Operations Manager with tracking of technology resources such as laptops and surveying for timing of replacements. Assigns staff access to various technology tools, storage and systems.
- Assists with onboarding of and providing operational support to new hires.
- Maintains and shares directory of staff contact information.
- Conducts research or supports special projects as needed and responds quickly and effectively to the multiple needs of the office, anticipating those needs and has the initiative to take appropriate action.
- Drafts and/or prepares routine correspondence as directed and responds to emails paying particular attention to grammar and details.
- Assists staff on special projects and sector-based commitments as needed including but not limited to meetings and webinars.
- Supports Accounting functions by electronically depositing checks through secure banking portal.
- Accurately researches, analyzes and updates data in internal ATS/CRM systems. Monitors data quality.
- At the direction of the Managing Director, Business Operations, create and improve internal documentation to ensure SOPs are up to date.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
Staffing Services (Search) Support
- Assists with the coordination of recruitment efforts for Talent Acquisition team. Processes and ensures new hire paperwork is complete in accordance with NPHR policy. Keeps temporary staff and client files organized and neat. Maintains other employment records in compliance with applicable law and HR best practices.
- Provides weekly Timesheet Approver Reminders and follows up as needed.
- Coordinates and interacts with federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to new hire data employee compensation, unemployment claims, and requests for verification of employment.
- Assists with temporary staffing placements including: writing and placing advertisements; monitoring and updating staffing database; checking references; verifying education, and prepares and files application folders for new hires.
- Works in collaboration with Search team to complete quality of service check-ins and discusses/alerts appropriate staff members of issues that require immediate resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately.)
- Minimum high school diploma with two years administrative experience supporting a team or bachelor's degree with six months of experience providing administrative support in a business environment. Experience working in office management or recruitment support role, preferably with a staffing agency, nonprofit organization and/or management consuming firm preferred.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and possess a firm understanding of math.
- Demonstrated organizational and effective time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and efficiently and independently manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent client service orientation and demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative and confidence to start and complete tasks without waiting to be asked.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences including staff, management, and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all parties with diplomacy and tact, while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Must possess good judgment and have the ability to respond and effectively handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications, and experience with CRM database helpful. ATS experience strongly preferred.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job):
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 25 lbs. Minimal local and/or national travel necessary. Ability to work long hours occasionally and as business needs dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.