Senior HR Consultant, (W-2, Remote) Strategy and Advisory
Hiring Range: $110,000-$160,000
The Senior Consultant, Strategy & Advisory provides strategic guidance, insight, and direction on a variety of complex client engagements and talent management projects in such areas as workforce planning, HR assessments and audits, organizational culture assessments, employee engagement, change management and performance management. This position also leads learning and development projects by conducting needs assessments, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness. The Senior Consultant provides strategic thought partnership to clients and internal team members and represents Nonprofit HR by presenting and writing in areas of subject matter expertise. This is a remote position with local and/or national travel on occasion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with clients to lead complex, time-bound projects in one or more HR disciplines from “kick-off” through completion of high-quality project deliverables.
- Lead learning and development projects by conducting needs assessment, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership externally to clients and to internal team members.
- Partner with other firm subject matter experts to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects to align objective and strategy.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients; provide subject matter expertise to client executives, helping to identify the nature of specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions.
- May lead client engagement teams comprised of Consultants, Associates, and/or Assistants.
- Actively participate in hiring panels and new hire orientation programs to ensure incoming talent aligns with Nonprofit HR’s culture, values, and expectations.
- Coach and provide frequent, ongoing feedback to consultants assigned to project teams.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with Managing Director, Strategy & Advisory practice to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Contribute to Strategy & Advisory practice area content development and attend and/or develop content and facilitate public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies ( including but not limited to, client roundtables, firm-sponsored events and webinars)
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experienced talent management practitioner with ten plus years of experience with demonstrated functional/ strategic expertise, particularly with workforce planning, organizational development, competency and career path model development and application across the talent lifecycle, HR/talent management and culture assessments, learning and development, and performance management
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP, SWP, or equivalent/related certification required
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management and organizational development
- Prior experience leading, managing and performing work in a consulting environment
- Proven expertise partnering with executive leaders to position HR as a business partner and thought leader
- Experience providing strategic HR guidance and advisory support to executive leaders at mid and/or large sized nonprofit organizations preferred but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Experience effectively distilling findings and recommendations into written reports and compelling presentations for senior leadership
- Proven experience developing and facilitating training
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing HR departmental change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Adept at collaborating with and leading diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.