Executive Assistant to Executive Director (FIA)
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Mid Level
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant to Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor, Executive Office
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC preferred (primarily remote)
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 2022
WHO WE ARE:
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 54 years, Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 45 faith-based organizations and 1,200+ religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protection for immigrants, reduction in private prisons, sentencing reform, increased minimum wage, earned sick time provisions, home foreclosure prevention, and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 20 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to protect healthcare, end mass-incarceration, reduce gun violence, keep immigrant families together, and build an economy where people can work with dignity and take care of those they love.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Support to Executive Director:
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requires interacting with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants and funders, to coordinate a variety of in-office, virtual, and off-site appointments
- Manage Executive Director’s schedule to priorities by surfacing questions, getting aligned on tradeoffs, ensuring enough space/travel time between appointments and blocking dedicated work spaces
- Conduct background research and provide pertinent materials to prepare Executive Director for upcoming meetings and conferences
- Manage and maintain travel arrangements, registrations and reservations
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming and outgoing electronic and hard copy communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Prepare expense reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
Strategic Project Support:
- Partner with the Senior Advisor of the Executive Office to execute strategic projects including managing projects via Asana (project management software)
- Support effective project management and tracking of action items and due dates to ensure timely project completion
- Example Projects (not limited to the following):
- Executive Leadership Team: Take meeting minutes and track action items and follow through
- Board management: Prepare quarterly board packets, take meeting minutes, support active engagement of all board members between meetings
- Funder management: Develop draft communications to funders and track responses to outreach
- Trainings: Provide administrative and logistical support for trainings that may be conducted in-person or virtually
- Meeting preparation: Support development of meeting materials such as agendas, memos, or presentations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (required)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience supporting at the executive level, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy or social services environment;
- Demonstrated experience with calendar management and scheduling travel arrangements, credit card reconciliation, managing vendor relationships;
- Demonstrated experience supporting project management and timely follow through on a wide variety of project tasks
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with extensive skill in administrative online applications, such as Zoom, Dropbox, Smartsheets, etc.
- Familiarity with SalesForce, VAN and/or Salsa strongly preferred
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- 100% follow-through
- Commitment to Faith in Action’s mission, vision, purpose and core values;
- Action-oriented, solution driven, with a high-level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness, along with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, with the innate ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Excellent interpersonal, project and time management, customer service and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work in a variety of culturally-diverse settings;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job), While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to traverse, survey and evaluate external and internal spaces within the property. Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings. Requires the ability to travel regionally and periodically nationally, on behalf of Faith in Action. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Faith in Action is committed to diversity in its staff, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits.
COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE:
Employees of Faith in Action have to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. We highly encourage completion of one or more booster shots upon eligibility. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Faith in Action provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Faith in Action complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.