The Deltek Database Manager/Business Analyst serves as the main point of contact and lead for the Deltek Vantagepoint System. Assists users with set up, training and troubleshooting. Works collaboratively with management to understand business needs and identify opportunities to best utilize Deltek to achieve identified business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job.)
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Deltek system including managing user setup, permissions and workflows, as well as supporting enhancements, upgrades and installations. Provides support to users to implement solutions and troubleshoot user issues, escalating as needed.
- Through prior knowledge and experience, as well as continuous learning, develops into the subject matter expert of the Deltek Vantagepoint system. Attends Deltek product and educational webinars to maintain awareness of developments and opportunities.
- Works with the Managing Director, Business Operations and other leaders to develop the strategy related to optimizing the use of Deltek. Identifies and leads opportunities to create system implementation initiatives and process improvement initiatives. Promotes widespread integration of Deltek into operational processes.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the front-end application screens, functions and job processing and how these tie to the database tables and other applications, functions and processes.
- Collaborates with business units to ensure the system meets their needs, seeking to understand reporting requirements and develop reports and dashboards to meet those needs.
- Provides guidance, training, and support on core application functionality. Develops training and presents to others within the firm on use of Deltek, including new employee orientation, refresher courses, and training on system enhancements.
- Interfaces directly with Deltek and outside systems consultants to troubleshoot major issues.
- Creates and maintains application documentation, standards, and procedures.
- Develop a strong understanding of project management and administrative requirements to guide future system development.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and related tools.
- With spare capacity, support accounting function/operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, equivalent technical school training, with 5 years related work experience such as computer science, information systems, database or system administration, or business-technology integration
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining a Deltek Vantagepoint system, with demonstrated understanding of the system architecture and the interconnections between its components.
- Experience with or foundational understanding of project management, including a high degree of interaction with senior stakeholders. Project management certification is welcome but not required.
- Project accounting experience or at least strong familiarity with its operations is desired.
- Strong analytical skills and sound business judgement, as well as demonstrated solutions orientation.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess good judgment and have the ability to respond and effectively handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated presenting and training coworkers on system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) and familiarity with Salesforce.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job):
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 25 lbs. Minimal local and/or national travel necessary. Ability to work long hours occasionally and as business needs dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.