Senior Consultant, Search
- Full Time
HIRING RANGE: $110,000-$160,000
The Senior Consultant, Search (Senior Consultant) manages and serves as a trusted advisor on executive search engagements nationally and may handle some at the professional search level. This role is responsible for the successful closure of search assignments at the professional and executive levels, using unique search methodologies and strategies.
The Senior Consultant conducts detailed interviews with professional, senior and executive level candidates and evaluates qualifications and fit with the client organizations’ needs; prepares oral and written informative assessments, presentations and recommendations; and manages the expectations of both clients and candidates to ensure successful experiences on every search process within agreed upon timelines.
This position reports to and works collaboratively with the Managing Director, Search on strategy and business development initiatives; manages execution of research, position specification development, candidate development and interviews, referencing and client management.
This individual is also a key contributor to ensuring an accurate, responsive, high-quality, client service environment. S/he/they participates in developing executive and professional search goals and objectives in cooperation with the Managing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages retained executive and professional search consulting engagements and recruits, interviews, places, and achieves highly qualified talent for senior and executive level positions and serves as a point of contact for the firm’s HR outsourcing clients and consultants.
- Ensures name-gathering/sourcing phase is executed in a timely & efficient manner to expand and develop candidate pools for each engagement, and presents the client with detailed reporting to support these efforts.
- Recommends recruiting methodology, takes accurate position notes, writes and prepares candidate profiles, related reports and assessments for presentation to clients and provides appropriate briefings to maintain the integrity of recruitment processes and search engagements.
- Manages interview process including debriefing clients and candidates with relevant information and updating both parties on developments.
- Negotiates/closes offer process and effectively manages offer/acceptance/start timelines ensuring that all deliverables are handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively participates in the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with for-profit entities whose businesses compliment those of the firm with the intent of translating relationships into profitable search business opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of ten (10) years as a recruitment professional that includes executive and professional search experience working with other search firms with a nonprofit practice or focus and proven connections within major subsectors of the nonprofit community including arts and culture, associations, education, health and human services, environment and faith-based organizations. Proven people and team management experience and no less than 3 years in a people management role
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to be self-motivated to learn, grow, and succeed as well as ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and quickly assimilate information and build solutions to balance business needs, outperforming other search firm competitors.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, and Boards of Directors.
- Proven experience managing multiple executive search engagements and recruiting top talent within the nonprofit sector for a wide range of verticals or general industry experience and knowledge about recruiting for nonprofits and/or large trade associations with access to a strong network of mission-driven talent.
- Attainment of one or more certifications CSP/CSC/PHR/SPHR is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with potential customers, and ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Outstanding follow-up, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Passion, intelligence, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to influence, convince and persuade effectively
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with CRM software and/or applicant tracking systems. Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, see and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Local and/or national travel periodically required and may require some longer weekday/weekend commitments to accomplish related business projects or meet deliverables.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.