Senior Consultant (Compensation), Total Rewards
TITLE: Senior Consultant (Compensation), Total Rewards
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Total Rewards
The Senior Consultant (Compensation), Total Rewards, as a key member of the Total Rewards (TR) Team, collaborates with HR consultants and clients to design, analyze and implement components of the full compensation lifecycle; including job descriptions, job matching to market data, salary structure creation, staff benchmarking, building the compensation program, communications, compensation education and training. The Senior Consultant will advise on complex compensation matters with in-depth analytics and strategic alignment to business goals. The role is primarily client-facing and aligned to the consulting teams to support their clients’ unique needs. Internally, will collaborate with the TR Team to develop tools, templates, and trainings for the consulting team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead full lifecycle of compensation work; creating/reviewing job descriptions, job matching to market data, salary structures, benchmarking, education and communication. Collect and analyze compensation information to determine market competitiveness and internal equity in support of project-based and outsourced client engagements. Partner and collaborate with consultants to develop and deliver compelling compensation recommendations and program reports.
- Build a consultative and collaborative relationship with HR consultants, client leaders and staff on compensation programs evolution and compensation initiatives.
- Analyze data sets to distill insights, convey findings and make recommendations to client leadership and consultants. Also, support internal client data capture efforts and provide analytical perspective to leveraging data for consultant’s supporting clients.
- Collaborate with client’s Boards of Directors in support of Executive Director/CEO compensation benchmarking project.
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Present findings and thoughtful alternative solutions that are aligned with client’s established philosophy with an understanding of fulfilling business need and impact on client’s employee base. Ensure timely and relevant information to stay abreast of trends, inform consultants so that they may inform and educate their clients. Administer and evolve firm’s market pricing tools and benchmarking methodology.
- Build and deliver compensation-related training and education materials for client and internal teams.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Leadership
- In collaboration with the Total Rewards Team ensure that TR Library maintains up to date and relevant documents and tools. Partner with Total Rewards Team to identify opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of core compensation business processes.
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with consulting practice leadership to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Develop and deliver public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies including client roundtables and firm-sponsored events and webinars
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
- Champion and embody the Nonprofit HR culture, mission and values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in compensation, finance or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
- CCP certification highly desired.
- Experience with maintaining and administering domestic compensation and incentive plans (international experience a plus not a requirement)
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for executing and auditing work
- Ability to gain alignment and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be hands on.
- High-level proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Solid eye for business and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including client executives and peers.
- Prefer experience in a client-facing role
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Adept at collaborating with and leading diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS
- Ability to periodically travel domestically – less than 15%
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.