The Consultant, Strategy & Advisory provides research and execution and thought partnership on a variety of client engagements and talent management projects in such areas as workforce planning, HR assessments and audits, organizational culture assessments, employee engagement, change management and performance management. This position also implements learning and development projects by conducting needs assessments, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness. In addition, this role will advise on compliance and best practices related to HR policies and procedures to include, but not limited to, drafting and/or revising Employee Handbooks. The Consultant provides thought partnership to clients and internal team members and represents Nonprofit HR by presenting and writing in areas of subject matter expertise. This is a remote position with local and/or national travel on occasion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with clients to lead execute time-bound projects in one or more HR disciplines from “kick-off” through completion of high-quality project deliverables.
- Implement learning and development projects by conducting needs assessment, developing content design, delivering training session(s), and measuring effectiveness, consulting with Managing Director or Senior Consultant.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought partnership externally to clients and to internal team members.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key stakeholders for new and existing clients; provide subject matter expertise to clients, helping to identify the nature of
specific issues they are facing and enabling client-driven solutions.
Subject Matter Expertise and Thought Partnership
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with Managing Director, Strategy & Advisory practice to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of systems, tools and templates to support Strategy & Advisory projects.
- Contribute to Strategy & Advisory practice area content development and attend and/or develop content and facilitate public speaking opportunities in specific subject matter expertise which aligns with Nonprofit HR’s marketing and business development strategies (including but not limited to, client roundtables, firm-sponsored events and webinars)
- Keep abreast of HR best practices and trends and participate in creating collateral to share and market expertise (e.g., blogs, case studies, white papers)
- Actively participate in Nonprofit HR’s new hire orientation program.
- Coach and provide frequent, ongoing feedback to associate consultants assigned to project teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Talent management practitioner with five plus years of experience with demonstrated functional/ strategic expertise, particularly with workforce planning, organizational development, HR/talent management, audit and culture assessments, learning and development, and performance management
- PHR/SHRM-CP or equivalent/related certification required
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management and organizational development
- Proven expertise partnering with leaders to position HR as a business partner and thought leader
- Experience providing strategic HR guidance and advisory support to leaders at mid and/or large sized nonprofit organizations preferred but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate orally, write effectively, and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, boards of directors and potential client organizations
- Proven experience developing and facilitating training
- Outcomes-driven experience in developing, implementing and executing HR departmental change management in alignment with organizational objectives, external environmental changes and changing business models
- Adept at collaborating with diverse internal teams and client engagements
- Outstanding client service orientation to include a demonstrated understanding of the social impact sector
- Refined project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS office applications and experience with HCMS
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
How We Work: Nonprofit HR’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Difference
It is a high priority for us to foster and maintain an environment where diversity and inclusion are valued and realized to the benefit of you and the clients that we serve.
We believe strongly in treating everyone fairly and value the full diversity of our colleagues, clients, partners and vendors. Inclusion is how we live our commitment to fairness and diversity. It shapes how we honor the perspectives, abilities and identities of our colleagues; how we listen to, engage and respond to our clients; and how we connect to and appreciate each other and those we serve. We define diversity as differences that influence and affect our firm, our workplace culture, and the communities and clients we engage in the following areas: race, color, ethnicity, national origin, socioeconomic status, pay and benefits, ability, military service, age, faith, gender, sexual identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, and political views. Continue reading our about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at nonprofithr.com/deinow.