TITLE: Consultant, Search
CLASSIFICATION: Regular full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Search
The Consultant will manage professional search and some executive search engagements with minimal oversight. They will utilize successful and unique search methodologies and strategies and serve as a trusted advisor to clients on searches.
The Consultant conducts detailed interviews with professional, senior and executive-level candidates and evaluates qualifications and alignment with the client organizations’ needs, prepares oral and written informative assessments, presentations, and recommendations, and manages the expectations of both clients and candidates to ensure successful experiences on every search process within agreed timelines.
This position reports to and works collaboratively with the Managing Director, Search on search strategy, business development initiatives, execution of research, position specification development, candidate development, and interviews, conducts references, and manages client relationships and expectations.
This individual is also a key contributor to ensuring an accurate, responsive, high-quality, client service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages professional search and some executive search engagements and recruits, interviews, places, and achieves highly qualified talent for client positions.
- Ensures name-gathering/sourcing phase is executed in a timely & efficient manner to expand and develop candidate pools for each engagement.
- Recommends recruiting methodology, takes accurate position notes, writes and prepares candidate profiles, related reports, and assessments for presentation to clients, and provides appropriate briefings to maintain the integrity of recruitment processes and search engagements.
- Manages interview process including de-briefing clients and candidates with relevant information and updating both parties on developments to build trusting and long-lasting relationships throughout and after a search closes.
- Negotiates/closes offer process and effectively manages offer/acceptance/start timelines ensuring that all deliverables are handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Remains current with nonprofit sector news, trends, and developments to better understand clients and candidates.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, Search, develops, and responds to requests for proposals.
- Cultivates new and maintains existing business relationships with appropriate contacts within nonprofit organizations with the intent of translating business relationships into profitable business opportunities to include search, recruitment outsourcing, on-demand, and direct hire placements.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIRED
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years as a recruitment professional, that includes talent acquisition and search strategies, candidate and client management experience or volume recruiting expertise working with other search firms with a nonprofit practice or focus and proven connections within major subsectors of the social impact community including arts and culture, associations, education, health, and human services, environment and faith-based organizations. May also have combination of experience and education.
- Proven experience managing multiple search engagements and execution using selection methodology.
- Attainment of one or more certifications CSP/CSC/PHR/SPHR is highly preferred.
- Experience recruiting top talent within the nonprofit sector for a wide range of verticals or general industry experience and knowledge about recruiting for nonprofits and/or large trade associations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining business relationships with potential customers is critical.
- Ability to represent the firm with credibility in front of clients.
- Outstanding follow-up, project management, and organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate orally, write and present effectively and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including management, staff, and Boards of Directors.
- Passion, intelligence, the ability to influence, convince and persuade effectively
- A high level of self-motivation
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Proven ability to identify and secure new business opportunities with the goal of increasing revenues.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to be self-motivated to learn, grow, and succeed as well as the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and a competitive spirit to outperform other search firm competitors.
- Desire to actively contribute to the firm’s growth and its Search Practice.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all MS Office applications and experience with CRM software and/or applicant tracking systems. Experience working with Salesforce is a plus.
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, see and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs. Local and/or national travel periodically required and may require some longer weekday/weekend commitments to accomplish related business projects or meet deliverables.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.